2020. January 27.
In keeping with the Hungarian Higher Education Act, the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration University of Szeged (’GTK’) announces an application for teacher’s assistant positions for the Spring semester of the 2019/2020 academic year in order to involve the most competent students in the Faculty’s teaching work and prepare them for their professional career.
Conditions of the Application
- Only active students of the GTK may apply;
- BSc programme: only 2nd or 3rd year students may apply;
- MSc programme: both 1st and 2nd year students may apply;
- Applications for the teacher’s assistant positions need to be supported by a written recommendation by the teacher who will later integrate the assistant into his/her teaching and research work.
How to apply in 4 stepts
- Talk to the teacher you’d like to become an assistant to and ask him/her for a written recommendation letter
- Ask the teacher which institute secretary (Bettina Ambrus, Alexandra Zélity or Judit Dús/Melinda Rómer) you should submit your application to
- Collect the following documents:
- Recommendation letter from the teacher
- Short motivation letter addressed to the head of the relevant Institute:
Economics and Economic Development: Dr. Zsófia Vas
Finances and Int. Economic Relations: Dr. Beáta Farkas
Business Studies: Dr. Balázs Révész
Statistics and Demography: Dr. Péter Kovács
Research centre: Dr. Zoltán Bajmócy
- Submit the collected documents to the institute secretaries in person or via email (as attachements). The Institute secretaries are:
Applicants with professional experience outside compulsory schoolwork (e.g. taking part in any professionally relevant research or publication that can be certified by the paper itself or the supervisor) may be awarded extra points. TDK (Scientific Students’ Association) participants are also at an advantage (if supported by their supervisor).
The performance of teacher’s assistants will be evaluated by the head of the relevant institute using the following categories:
- the assistant accomplished his/her tasks excellently,
- the assistant accomplished his/her tasks well,
- the assistant accomplished his/her tasks adequately,
- the assitant did not accomplish his/her tasks.
The received evaluation will be registered on Neptun.
Teacher’s assistants will receive a one time reward of 30,000 HUF for their efforts. Please note that only students with a valid tax number on NEPTUN may receive the reward on the bank account provided within their NEPTUN account.
Deadline for Submitting Applications
13th February 2020 (Thursday), 12:00 am