2021. November 17.
Interested in family businesses, the challenges they face and the possible solutions to these challenges? The Ulysses Contest is an online Family Firm case study competition for university students, just like you!
Ulysses is an international competition. Therefore, the language of the competition is English. Be prepared to contest with international teams online. You do not need to travel across countries, Ulysses is available for you completely online.
In the Ulysses Content you can
- get to know real Family Firms from different countries,
- get a glimpse into their business endeavors,
- work on the real-life case studies of these firms,
- enter an online international contest with your solutions,
- win with your team's best solution!
Why join Ulysses?
If you are a teacher, you can implement the collected case studies into your own teaching material. The material collected in the Ulysses project will be available for teachers to use.
If you participate in or own a family firm, you can build close connections with higher education institutions, connect with talented university students, and gain a fresh insight into your own business.
How does this work?
Together with Ulysses colleagues, Family Firms from Austria, Germany, Hungary and Italy have assembled their own case studies, based on their previous experience and challenges they faced during their lifespan. Therefore, they present you with real-life scenarios that you and your team can solve.
The project runs from 30 June 2021 until 29 June 2023 in an international consortium of six partners:
- University of Szeged, Hungary – lead partner, experienced in entrepreneurship education
- Management Center Innsbruck, Austria – experienced partner in entrepreneurship education with well-established relationship in the region
- Libera Università di Bolzano, Italy – experienced partner with a dedicated center for Family Business Management
- University of Vienna – experienced partner with a dedicated research group for Family Business internationalization and case study research methodology.
- Univations Gmbh, Germany – experienced partner with several lead roles in entrepreneurship education Erasmus+ KA2 projects
- Fundus Agentur, Austria – communication and networking agency
Want to know more? Check the Facebook page of Ulysses or the website!