The application deadline is 15 May 2023.
To get involved in the PhD program applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Master (MA or MSc) diploma in economics or business studies, issued by an internationally acknowledged university (an MBA diploma is not appropriate),
- English language skills – B2 level English language examination (TOEFL 95/IELTS 6.0/other),
- Successful entry examination (an online oral exam and evaluation of the research proposal).
For application the following documents are needed:
- Certificate of MA/MSc graduation,
- Curriculum Vitae in English,
- Research proposal (2-3 pages long, components: statement of the problem, short review of related literature, methodology – subjects, instruments, data analysis). In the research proposal, the Applicant shall indicate to which available research topic offered by the Doctoral School is related. The currently availble research topics are available here or on the doktori.hu website.
- List of publications (if any),
- Certificate of proficiency in English,
The tuition fee is max. 5000 EUR/semester. The tuition fee has to be prepaid for each semester.
Students may apply for pre-announced research topics. These topics are the following:
- Crisis management by state aid, nationalization and privatization in the European Union and the United States after 2008
- International Political Economics of the Post Socialist Countries
- The economy of the EU and the Eurozone
- International Development Cooperation
- Public Funds and their Auditing
- Unconventional Monetary Policy and Exchange Rates
- Financial Literacy