- PhD in Economics
- MA in Mathematics
- financial literacy
- statistical literacy, statistics education
- multivariate statistical methods
Peter Kovacs, a Hungarian statistician, get his Mathematics diploma in Mathematics, PhD and habilitation in Economics. He is an associate professor and chair of the Department of Statistics and Demography at the University of Szeged, betwen 2014 and 2017 vice dean of the Faculy, since 2017 Dean of the Faculty. In addition, he is the chair of the Statistics Scientific Subcommittee of the Hungarian Academy of Science. His main research interests are statistical and financial literacy, statistics education development and multivariate statistical models. He leads a research group on financial literacy and takes part in several research projects for instance in ProCivicStat.
- Statistics I.
- Statistics II.
- Excel and Access solutions in the business life
- Mathematical Statistics
- Introduction to SPSS
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Decision making
- Legal Informatics
Time spent in education: 21 years
Time spent in education in English: 8 years
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Hungarian Academic of Science, Statistical Scientific Subcommittee, chair.
- International Association for Statistical Education (IASE), member.
- International Statistical Literacy Project, Chair of Universities and Research Institutes Workgroup.
- International Statistical Literacy Project, country coordinator.
- Hungarian Statistical Association, member.
- Statistics and Future Research Committee, Hungarian Academy of Science, member.
- Committee on Economic Science, Hungarian Rectors’ Conference, member.
- Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, member of the editorial board.
- Journal of Applied Economics and Business, member of the editorial board.
- Hungarian Statistical Review, member of the editorial board.
- Econometrics Advances in Applied Data Analysis, member of the editorial board.
- 2006. Péter György Award for teaching activities in statistics.
- 2021. Ambassador of Financial Literacy