- PhD in Economics
- MSc in Economics
- Master of Law
Comparative Institutional Economics, International Political Economy
Beáta Farkas obtained her master’s degree in Law from the University of Szeged in 1982 and her master’s degree in Economics from Corvinus University in Budapest in 1986. She holds a PhD in Economics. She joined the University of Szeged in 1982. She was the Vice Dean at the Faculty of Law between 1992-1996 and the founding Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration between 1999 and 2005. Since 2006 she has been the Head of the Institute of Finance and International Economic Relations. She is a member of the Council of Doctoral School in Economics and the Chairperson of the Scientific Committee on Habilitation.
She undertook research in the field of business ethics and cohesion policy of the European Union. Her current research interest is the comparison of the institutional systems of economies in the EU focusing on Central and Eastern Europe. She is also interested in the European integration theories.
- PhD course:
- Theories in Economics
- MSc course:
- International Political Economy, Comparative Economics, Trends and Regions in World Economy
- BSc course:
- History of Economic Thought
Varieties of capitalism in the European Union, model of capitalism in Central and Eastern Europe, European economic integration
Recent / Current Research Projects
EFOP-3.6.2-16-2017-00007 Aspects on the development of intelligent, sustainable and inclusive society: social, technological, innovation networks in employment and digital economy. Working group: Economic policy aspects of the 4th industrial revolution. The project has been supported by the European Union, co-financed by the European Social Fund and the budget of Hungary.
EFOP-3.6.1-16-2016-00008 Development of intelligent life science technologies, methodologies, applications and advancement of innovative processes and services based on the knowledge base of Szeged.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Member of the Committee on Economics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences 2003-presently;
- Vice President of the Committee for Economics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences 2015-presently;
- Member of the Executive Committee of the European Association for Comparative Economic Studies 2018-presently.
- Széchenyi professorship 2000-2003;
- Gold Cross of Merit of the Republic of Hungary 2011;